Out of so many rotary tool manufacturers, it’s quite a tough task to shortlist the best rotary tool brands.
Mainly, when everyone is claiming to be the top brand in the world, it’s a challenge to separate the wheat from the chaff.
I understand that.
That’s why I decided to do the legwork on behalf of you. In this article, I’m going to list four best rotary tool brands, mentioning their product lines, and a short history.
However, it’s not like these are the only best brands, but in my opinion, they deserve a position in the top 4.
Let’s get this show on the road.
4 Best Rotary Tool Brands for 2020
I’m going to give a glimpse of the following famous rotary tool brands –
#1. Ryobi Rotary Tools
Ryobi is an age-old Japanese company (headquarter: Fuchu, Hiroshima, Japan) founded in 1943. However, Ryobi is doing business activities in other parts of the world too, including the USA, Australia, Canda, Mexico, and some other European countries.
In the USA, Ryobi tools are sold by Home Depot, and other internet platforms like Amazon, eBay, etc.
Related Reading: Ryobi Drills Buying Guide.
Anyone who deals with power tools and hand tools knows how good this brand is. It has a broad range of products in power tools and lawn & garden categories.
It offers different tools that are suitable for both DIYers and professionals.
Regarding performance and efficiency, this brand excels without any doubt. It doesn’t cost a fortune to buy the tools either.
When it’s about producing rotary tools, Ryobi manufactures three quality rotary tools –
- 18V One+ rotary tool.
- 18V One+ speed saw rotary cutter.
- 18V One+ SDS-Plus rotary hammer drill.
All the above products are highly acknowledged by the users and offer competitive prices.
Here are some praiseworthy aspects and shortcomings of Ryobi rotary tool (18V One+) –
Ryobi Rotary Tools
- It’s highly cost-effective.
- It offers crucial convenient storage.
- The shaft is flexible.
- The tool offers variable speed functionality.
- The brand cares about its customers.
- Sometimes the tool gets hot in a quick time.
- It could have been a bit larger.
Here’s our recommended list of Best Ryobi Rotary Tools:
- Includes 2 - 18-volt lithium batteries, usable on any machine in the one+ product line; includes 18-volt dual-chemistry charger; batteries can be recharged in as little as 30 minutes
- Drill has 2 speed settings (0-440 or 0-1600 rpm), variable with a spring-loaded trigger; reciprocating saw features tool-free blade change
- Tool weights: drill, 2. 7 lbs. ; circular saw, 4. 7 lbs. ; impact driver, 2. 65 lbs. ; reciprocating saw, 4. 1 lbs. ; job plus base, 2. 15 lbs. ; work light, 0. 7 lb. ; includes carrying bag for easy portability
- Reciprocating saw's adjustable, pivoting shoe allows depth-of-cut control and more efficient use of blade; circular saw has an exact line laser, which automatically activates during use
- Work light has a multi-functional design capable of sitting flat on battery, on end or hanging for ultimate lighting versatility; swivel head directs light where needed
- Variable speed up to 34,000 RPM for enhanced performance
- 36 in. flexible shaft pen design for ultimate precision and comfort
- 33 accessories included for a variety of applications
- Bare Tool, Battery and charger sold separately
- This item is removed from retail packaging for shipping purposes (Bulk Packaged) and will arrive in a generic box.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
#2. Dewalt Rotary Tools
Dewalt is one of the top power tools brands, in my opinion.
Let me give a quick introduction to this company.
Dewalt is a multi-award winning company founded in 1922 by Raymond Dewalt. So, yes, it’s an elderly company too.
From the beginning, it’s an America based brand. In 1944 the company established its office and plant in Pennsylvania. Since then, it is dominating the market with its enormous amount of tools, including power tools, hand tools, lawn tools, garden tools, different accessories, gear, and equipment.
Related Reading: Best Dewalt Drills.
In the process, it achieved different renowned awards like NECA, PITA, and distinction from Tools In Action.
Dewalt has a stable company set up. That’s why it doesn’t have to face any trouble whatsoever to stand behind the customer when it’s about post-sales service. They back up the warranty quite well too.
As it offers a wide variety of tools, so, no wonder this company covers both professionals and DIYers. Almost all of their tools are suitable for any level of users.
This brand manufactures different rotary tools like rotary polisher, rotary hammer, orbit sanders, and of course, a cut-out tool.
The famous Dewalt cut-out tool is DW660. Here are some upsides and downsides of this product.
Dewalt Rotary Tools
- It’s comprised of a powerful 5.0 amp motor having 30000 rpm.
- The tool is well built and durable.
- It’s slim, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- It’s easy to operate.
- It cuts through the drywall effortlessly.
- The tool features ample safety measures, including an emergency bump switch.
- The price is low.
- An ergonomic design would have made it more useful.
- It comes with cheap bits.
- The vent blows dust on the face when dealing with drywall.
Here’s our recommended list of the Best Dewalt Rotary Tool:
- DW660 Includes:1 drywall cutting bit and 1/4", 1/8" collets
- Turn on/bump off switch allows user to easily shut tool off
- 5 amp, 30,000 rpm Motor provides more cutting Power
- Slim body Design for less fatigue over prolonged use
- Dust sealed switch protects against dust ingestion for longer switch life
#3. Dremel Rotary Tools
Dremel has the widest variety of rotary tools among the other brands on my list. To me, it’s the best rotary tool brand on my list.
All of its tools shine in quality and don’t break your bank.
Like other brands, Dremel is also an age-old brand that was established in 1932 by Albert J. Dremel in Washington.
In producing efficient and accurate tools with versatility, Dremel beats other brands any day.
From crafters to DIYers, and from makers to other professionals, this brand has won everyone’s heart.
Apart from rotary tools, Dremel also manufactures other handy tools like a power cleaner kit, hand saw, oscillating tool, Digi lab, different maker combo kit, accessories, and attachments related to all these tools.
Dremel makes both corded and cordless rotary tools. Here is the list of its rotary tools models –
- Model # 4300 variable speed.
- Model #4000 variable speed.
- Model #3000 variable speed.
- Model #200 two speed.
- Model #100 single speed.
- Model # 9100-21 heavy-duty fortiflex flex shaft tool kit.
- Model # 2050-15 stylo craft tool.
- Model # 8220 12V high-performance rotary tool.
- Model #8100 8V Max rotary tool.
- Model # 8050-N/18 micro.
- Model # 7700-1/15 7.2V rotary tool kit.
- Model # 7300 minimize.
- Model #7000 Alkaline.
- Model #7760 rotary tool.
Doesn’t it have a lot of rotary tools in the offering?
So here are some highs and lows of these Dremel rotary tools.
Dremel Rotary Tools
- Dremel is one of the best rotary tool brands in terms of offering multiple models.
- All the models are durable, efficient, and user-friendly.
- It offers both corded and cordless versions.
- Most of the models come with a good number of accessories.
- The company stands behind its customers all the time.
- Some of the models are a bit pricey.
Here’s our recommended list of the Best Dremel Rotary Tools:
- Variable speed from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM; easy-to-understand speed dial features
- Compatible with all Dremel accessories and attachments
- Includes 30 Dremel accessories and 2 Dremel attachments
- 360-degree grip zone for control in any position. Cord Length:: 6ft
- Carrying case is included
- COMPACT, PORTABLE, & POWERFUL: 12V Lithium-Ion battery provides maximum performance and run time at all speeds (5,000-30,000 RPM).
- VERSATILE ROTARY TOOL KIT: includes 8220 cordless rotary tool, 1 attachment, 28 high-quality Dremel accessories, charger, plastic storage case, and accessory case.
- QUICK ACCESSORY CHANGES – Patented EZ Twist Nose Cap makes accessory changes fast and easy without the need of a wrench
- REMOVABLE LI-ION BATTERY: Always ready with no memory effects. Charges in one-hour.
- SLIM & ERGONOMIC BODY – 360-degree grip zone & lightweight design allows you to work comfortable in tight spaces.
- High performance motor – provides maximum power and performance at all speeds. Variable speed (5, 000 – 35, 000 RPM) and electronic Feedback that auto adjusts power & speed for the most consistent performance even in the most demanding applications.
- Innovated air flow system- ventilation mechanism helps prevent heat build-up for smoother, cooler, and quieter operation
- Kit includes 50 Genuine Dremel accessories & 5 attachments including the Flex shaft, circle cutter & Straight edge guide, shaping platform, multi-purpose cutting kit, shield, & Lawn mower & garden tool sharpener
- Accessories & attachments compatibility: accommodates all Dremel rotary Accessories & attachments for thousands of applications.
- Replaceable brushes – motor brushes can be replaced to extend tool life
- PREMIUM ROTARY TOOL KIT- includes 4300 high performance rotary tool, 5 attachments, 40 high-quality Dremel accessories, and plastic storage case.
- HIGH POWERED MOTOR – Our most powerful motor delivers maximum performance even in the most demanding applications.
- VARIABLE SPEED - 5, 000 – 35, 000 RPM with electronic feedback for consistent performance & accurate tool control
- UNIVERSAL 3-JAW CHUCK – allows the use of ALL Dremel accessory shank sizes making it compatible with the entire line of our high-quality accessories.
- PIVOT LIGHT – rotates to illuminate your projects even in difficult to reach spaces
- Variable speed from 5,000 to 32,000 RPM
- Improved design for multiple grip positions
- EZ Twist Nose Cap for quick accessory changes
- Includes 2 attachments: a sanding/grinding guide and a cutting guide
- 2-year limited warranty
#4. Gyros Rotary Tools
Gyros have been ruling the power tools industry since 1921. Like other brands on my list, Gyros also makes tools for all sorts of users, including professionals, DIYers, woodworkers, etc.
In addition to the rotary tools, this brand also makes some other hand tools, measuring tools, drill bits, attachment, and accessories.
PowerPro variable speed rotary tools is the model that this brand produces. You can buy the device with or without a tool kit.
Regarding quality, Gyros shines like other brands, and the price is quite affordable too.
Here are some of the benefits and pitfalls of this rotary tool –
Gyros Rotary Tools
- It’s sturdy and efficient.
- The tool features variable speed.
- It features a separate on/off switch.
- The brand offers 50 accessories with one version of the tool kit and 85 accessories with another version of the tool kit.
- Gyros is an expert in providing excellent customer service.
- This tool is not an ideal choice for too heavy-duty jobs.
Here’s our recommended list of the Best Gyros Rotary Tools:
- INCLUDES: Powerful Rotary Tool, 85 Attachments and accessories, Flexible Shaft, Cutting Guide, and EZ-Lite, all housed in Sturdy tool storage box
- Variable Speed Levels from 8,000 to 35,000 RPM for utmost Versatility
- EASY TO USE: Separate On/Off Switch and different control for speed level, Set it and forget it!
- Ideal for: Cutting, Carving, Grinding, Polishing, Sanding, Power brushing, Drilling and much More!
- 5 Years Manufacturers’ Warranty
- EASY TO USE: Separate On/Off Switch and different control for speed levels, Set it your speed and forget it!
- VARIABLE SPEEDS: Speed Levels range 8,000- 35,000 RPM, Set the level according to your project.
- Powerful motor for maximum performance at any speed
- INCLUDES: Sturdy tool storage box with wide range of 50 Attachments and accessories which can also work with the Dremel Rotary Tool
- Can be used for: Cutting, Carving, Grinding, Polishing, Sanding, Power brushing, Drilling and much More!
So, this is it for now.
I’m going to end this best rotary tools brand article here. I’m sure you are now quite known to these brands, their tools quality, cost-effectiveness, and a bit of background.
You can buy their tools from any trusted online market like Amazon and eBay.