DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS IN THIS POST. THIS MEANS THAT AT NO COST TO YOU, I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINK.
Last Updated on January 24, 2023 by John Patterson
Out of so many rotary tool manufacturers, it’s quite a tough task to shortlist the best rotary tool brands.
Mainly, when everyone is claiming to be the top brand in the world, it’s a challenge to separate the wheat from the chaff.
I understand that.
That’s why I decided to do the legwork on behalf of you.
In this article, I’m going to list the four top rotary tool brands, mentioning their product lines, and a short history.
However, it’s not like these are the only best brands, but in my opinion, they deserve a position in the top 4.
Let’s get this show on the road.
4 Best Rotary Tool Brands of 2023
I’m going to give a glimpse of the following famous rotary tool brands –
#1. Ryobi Rotary Tool
Ryobi is an age-old Japanese company (headquarter: Fuchu, Hiroshima, Japan) founded in 1943.
However, Ryobi is doing business activities in other parts of the world too, including the USA, Australia, Canada, Mexico, and some other European countries.
In the USA, Ryobi tools are sold by Home Depot, and other internet platforms like Amazon, eBay, etc.
Related Reading: Ryobi Drills Buying Guide.
Anyone who deals with power tools and hand tools knows how good this brand is.
It has a broad range of products in power tools and lawn & garden categories.
It offers different tools that are suitable for both DIYers and professionals.
Regarding performance and efficiency, this brand excels without any doubt.
It doesn’t cost a fortune to buy the tools either.
When it’s about producing rotary tool, Ryobi manufactures three quality rotary tools –
- 18V One+ rotary tool.
- 18V One+ speed saw rotary cutter.
- 18V One+ SDS-Plus rotary hammer drill.
All the above products are highly acknowledged by the users and offer competitive prices.
Here are some praiseworthy aspects and shortcomings of the Ryobi rotary tool (18V One+) –
Ryobi Rotary Tool
- It’s highly cost-effective.
- It offers crucial convenient storage.
- The shaft is flexible.
- The tool offers variable speed functionality.
- The brand cares about its customers.
- Sometimes the tool gets hot in a quick time.
- It could have been a bit larger.
Here’s our recommended list of Best Ryobi Rotary Tool:
- Includes 2 - 18-volt lithium batteries,...
- Drill has 2 speed settings (0-440 or...
- Tool weights: drill, 2. 7 lbs. ;...
- Reciprocating saw's adjustable, pivoting...
- Work light has a multi-functional design...
- Variable speed up to 34,000 RPM for...
- 36 in. flexible shaft pen design for...
- 33 accessories included for a variety of...
- Bare Tool, Battery and charger sold...
- This item is removed from retail...
- 27,000 RPM: Create accurate cuts thanks...
- TAKES 1/8-INCH AND 1/4-INCH BITS: This...
- SPINDLE LOCK: With the spindle lock, you...
- MAXIMUM COMFORT AND ACCURACY: A durable...
- ACCESSORIES: [1x 1/8-Inch Plywood Bit]...
#2. Dewalt Rotary Tool
Dewalt is one of the top power tools brands (best overall), in my opinion.
Let me give a quick introduction to this company.
Dewalt is a multi-award-winning company founded in 1922 by Raymond Dewalt. So, yes, it’s an elderly company too.
From the beginning, it’s an America-based brand.
In 1944 the company established its office and plant in Pennsylvania.
Since then, it is dominating the market with its enormous amount of tools, including power tools, hand tools, lawn tools, garden tools, different accessories, gear, and equipment.
Related Reading: Best Dewalt Drills.
In the process, it achieved different renowned awards like NECA, PITA, and distinction from Tools In Action.
Dewalt has a stable company set up. That’s why it doesn’t have to face any trouble whatsoever to stand behind the customer when it’s about post-sales service. They back up the warranty quite well too.
As it offers a wide variety of tools, so, no wonder this company covers both professionals and DIYers. Almost all of their tools are suitable for any level of users.
This brand manufactures different rotary tools like rotary polisher, rotary hammer, orbit sanders, and of course, a cut-out tool.
The famous Dewalt cut-out tool is DW660. Here are some upsides and downsides of this product.
Dewalt Rotary Tool
- It’s comprised of a powerful 5.0 amp motor having 30000 rpm.
- The tool is well built and durable.
- It’s slim, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- It’s easy to operate.
- It cuts through the drywall effortlessly.
- The tool features ample safety measures, including an emergency bump switch.
- The price is low.
- An ergonomic design would have made it more useful.
- It comes with cheap bits.
- The vent blows dust on the face when dealing with drywall.
Here’s our recommended list of the Best Dewalt Rotary Tool: Top Pick
- DEWALT rotary tool features tool-free...
- Turn-on/Bump-off switch of DEWALT cut...
- 5.0 amp, 30,000 rpm motor provides more...
- Slim body design and ergonomic for less...
- Dust-Sealed Switch protects against dust...
#3. Dremel Rotary Tool
Dremel has the widest variety of rotary tools among the other brands on my list. To me, it’s the heavy-duty rotary tool brand on my list.
All of its tools shine in quality and don’t break your bank.
Like other brands, Dremel is also an age-old brand that was established in 1932 by Albert J. Dremel in Washington.
In producing efficient and accurate tools with versatility, Dremel beats other brands any day.
From crafters to DIYers, and from makers to other professionals, this brand has won everyone’s heart.
Apart from rotary tools, Dremel also manufactures other handy tools like a power cleaner kit, hand saw, oscillating tool, Digi lab, different maker combo kit, accessories, and attachments related to all these tools.
Dremel makes both corded and cordless rotary tools. Here is the list of its rotary tool models –
- Model # 4300 variable speed.
- Model #4000 variable speed.
- Model #3000 variable speed.
- Model #200 two speed.
- Model #100 single speed.
- Model # 9100-21 heavy-duty fortiflex flex shaft tool kit.
- Model # 2050-15 stylo craft tool.
- Model # 8220 12V rotary tool.
- Model #8100 8V Max rotary tool.
- Model # 8050-N/18 micro.
- Model # 7700-1/15 7.2V rotary tool kit.
- Model # 7300 minimize.
- Model #7000 Alkaline.
- Model #7760 rotary tool.
Doesn’t it have a lot of rotary tools in the offering?
So here are some highs and lows of these Dremel rotary tools.
Dremel Rotary Tool
- Dremel is one of the top rotary tool brands in terms of offering multiple models.
- All the models are durable, efficient, and user-friendly.
- It offers both corded and cordless versions.
- Most of the models come with a good number of accessories.
- The company stands behind its customers all the time.
- Some of the models are a bit pricey.
Here’s our recommended list of the Best Dremel Rotary Tool: Top Picks
- Versatile rotary tool kit: Includes 4000...
- High performance motor – Provides...
- Variable speed (5,000 – 35,000 RPM)...
- Innovated air flow system- Ventilation...
- Slim and ergonomic body – 360-degree...
- Compact, portable, & powerful: 12V...
- Versatile rotary tool kit: Includes 8220...
- Quick accessory changes – Patented EZ...
- Removable Li-ion battery: Always ready...
- Slim & ergonomic body – 360-degree...
- VERSATILE ROTARY TOOL KIT: Includes 4000...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR: Provides maximum...
- INNOVATIVE AIR FLOW SYSTEM: Ventilation...
- SLIM AND ERGONOMIC BODY: 360-degree grip...
- VERSATILE ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Includes...
- Premium rotary tool kit - Includes 4300...
- High performance motor – Our most...
- Variable speed - 5,000 – 35,000 RPM...
- Universal 3-jaw chuck - Allows the use...
- Pivot light - Rotates to illuminate your...
- VERSATILE ROTARY TOOL KIT : Includes...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE 1.2AMP MOTOR : Provides...
- 6 VARIABLE SPEEDS : Provide greater...
- INNOVATED AIR FLOW SYSTEM : Ventilation...
- SLIM & ERGONOMIC BODY : 360-degree grip...
#4. Gyros Rotary Tool
Gyros have been ruling the power tools industry since 1921. Like other brands on my list, Gyros also makes tools for all sorts of users, including professionals, DIYers, woodworkers, etc.
In addition to the rotary tool, this brand also makes some other hand tools, measuring tools, drill bits, attachments, and accessories.
PowerPro variable speed rotary tool is the model that this brand produces. You can buy the device with or without a tool kit.
Regarding quality, Gyros shines like other brands, and the price is quite affordable too.
Here are some of the benefits and pitfalls of this rotary tool –
Gyros Rotary Tool
- It’s sturdy and efficient.
- The tool features variable speed.
- It features a separate on/off switch.
- The brand offers 50 accessories with one version of the tool kit and 85 accessories with another version of the tool kit.
- Gyros is an expert in providing excellent customer service.
- This tool is not an ideal choice for too heavy-duty jobs.
Here’s our recommended list of the Best Gyros Rotary Tool: Top Picks
- INCLUDES: Powerful Rotary Tool, 85...
- Variable Speed Levels from 8,000 to...
- EASY TO USE: Separate On/Off Switch and...
- Ideal for: Cutting, Carving, Grinding,...
- 5 Years Manufacturers’ Warranty
So, this is it for now.
I’m going to end this rotary tools brand article here.
I’m sure you are now quite known to these brands, their tools quality, cost-effectiveness, and a bit of background.
You can buy their tools from any trusted online market like Amazon and eBay.